The Living Room is a place where you meet outside people, such as guests, friends, and relatives, therefore, it’s very important to take care of living room vastu. Since it serves dual purposes in a home, hence it’s equally crucial to make it as per the rules of Vastu Shastra for living room. Now, let’s understand the significance of a living room.
Why Is Vastu For Living Room Important?
Well, the living room is one’s private space to watch TV, do discussions, anything and everything that you would love to do together. Therefore, it is extremely important to do a careful setting of the drawing-room as per Vastu shastra. It ensures that it generates positive energy and strong relationships. If not, then there are consequences. Believe it or not, it is this factor that makes the house optimistic or unfavourable for residence. Hence, conducting Vastu for living room is extremely important here.
Essential Tips For Living Room Vastu
When guests come over to your house, the living room is one of the very first things they notice and this is your chance to keep your best foot forward. To help you with living room vastu, here are some valuable vastu tips:
Ideal Placement For Drawing Room Vastu:
- The best possible direction for a drawing-room is only in the East, North, or North-West direction.
- A drawing-room in the North brings a lot of wealth and health for the entire family.
- On the other hand, having the drawing-room in the South-West direction makes your guests like flies to sugar!
- Since this corner makes one feel quite at home, the guests may also turn into pests.
- However, this quadrant is favourable for the occupants according to living room Vastu.
- The North-West quadrant belongs to the element of air, is an ideal location for the drawing-room.
Entrance For A Living Room:
- The main entrance of the house is usually through the drawing-room and ensure that there is enough space towards the right.
- Having a living room Vastu in the North-West entrance supports development in all areas and spheres of one’s life.
- And having a South-West entrance for the drawing-room is inauspicious and it also has a negative influence.
- The West direction is simply ideal for scholars according to vastu for living room, since it conveys a calming effect.
- The South, North-East or South-East directions indicates success.
- Lastly, the North or the East direction is the best of all because it confers health, prosperity, fame, and wealth.
Doors, Windows, Flooring, And Ceiling As Per Vastu For Living Room:
- Having the door of the drawing-room in East or North brings wealth, health, and overall progress.
- The East and North directions of the drawing-room are perfectly ideal for the windows.
- The floor of the drawing area should slope towards the North or East direction according to Vastu for living room.
- The same is the case for the ceiling as well as per the drawing-room.
- Use light curtains on the windows and doors on the North-East wall.
- Use heavy curtains for the South-West wall of the drawing-room.
Display Items For A Drawing Room:
- While decorating your drawing room, showcase your most priceless possessions here.
- The more you display it will multiply according to Vastu for living room.
- It is said that whatever you display is what you will receive: so display your wealth, great art pieces, your achievements, etc. in the drawing-room.
- One should not hang any picture of god above the entrance door.
- One should keep a bowl with sea salt around the room as it has great negativity absorbing powers.
- Display paintings depicting the beauty of nature or scenery that adds tranquillity to the room.
- Avoid disturbing pictures of war, wild animals, horror characters, etc as per living room Vastu.
- Never keep artificial flowers, dried flowers, cactus, or bonsai plants on display. They can have an influence on finance and career prospects too.
Seating Arrangement For Living Room Vastu:
- The sitting arrangement of the head of the family is perfect in East or in the North direction.
- The head of the family or house must sit in the SouthWestern corner of the living room, facing north-east or east.
- The guests must seat in the South-East or North-West.
- Also as per Vastu for the living room, there must be more open space in the Eastern and Northern corners.
Furniture And Other Storage Items For A Living Room As Per Vastu:
- All the heavy furniture should be placed in the South or the West walls of the drawing-room.
- The sofa sets should be placed against the South or West walls as per Vastu shastra.
- Also, the chairs and the sofas should be should not have their backs to the door.
- Keep square or rectangular shaped furniture in the living area and avoid circular, oval, or any other shape
- Provide a staircase in the South, West, or South-West corner.
Electrical Gadgets And Other Accessories For Living Room As Per Vastu:
- Place the TV in the South-East direction and not in the North-East direction.
- Similarly, keep the telephone in the East, South-East, or North direction.
- The AC or cooler should be kept in the West or North direction since it is auspicious there.
Water Elements For Living Room Vastu:
- Water elements in the North or North-East directions give prosperous life to the inmates of the structure.
- You can also place a water fountain, an aquarium or a bowl of flowers with water in this corner to enhance the overall prosperity of the house.
Colour Schematics And Combination For A Living Room:
- Make sure you use white, light yellow, blue, or green colours for the upliftment of the walls.
- Pastel green colour is very auspicious for the living room.
- Please avoid red or black colour for room walls, since they’re unfavourable as per vastu for living room.
- Always choose light colours over the darker ones, they help brighten up the mood and spreads liveliness
Placement Of Carpets And Rugs:
- You can buy carpets and rugs for your living room in different colour combination.
- Make sure to place dull or pastel colours of blue in the south corner.
- Always use a green colour rug or carpet in the North-East direction.
- Place the rug having copper, white or red colour in the North-West corner.
- Keeping a rug with rainbow colours in the South-East Direction is always better.
- Don’t place any beam in the drawing-room strictly as per living room vastu.
- Avoid sitting under a beam as it excites your stress zone and impairs your rational thinking.
- If someone wants to have a fireplace, then keep it in the South-East part of the drawing-room.
- Make sure that the drawing-room is well lit and spacious.
- Keep the North-East corner of the drawing-room clean and free of clutter.
- Hang a heavy chandelier in the South or West of the room. And Avoid hanging it in the exact centre (Brahmsthan).
The Drawing Room Dictates Destiny
Vastu consultation of living room vastu involves a thorough analysis of the following pointers:
- Proper location of the living room.
- The direction and placement of the windows, doors and electronic gadgets.
- The direction and placement of the other storage items.
- The placement and arrangement of the carpet or rug and other arrangements, etc.
- The entire colour scheme of the Vastu shastra for living room.
The perfect location of a drawing room is essentially based on the direction your house faces. Your living room will surely leave an impression and you don’t want to compromise here, do you?
Believe it or not, it would indeed dictate your destiny. You don’t need to worry about the intricacies of Vastu since Vedicology experts are there to guide you.