Ruby is a gemstone that is closely related to the Sun. Wearing a flawless, high-quality Ruby Gemstone as a Remedy for weak Sun that is debilitated or exiled, is beneficial. If the ascendant is Virgo or Capricorn, refrain from wearing ruby. Instead, use substitutes.
Ruby, a corundum gemstone, is beautiful because of its brilliance. It is transparent and crystal clear. You can find it in many colors, including scarlet and crimson reds. It also comes in deep violet and deep ruddy purple colors. It has the delicate, smooth lustre of clarified butter. It is solid and has a high specific gravity of 3.9 to 4.1. Its hardness is 9. It has a refractive index of 1.76 to 1.77.
The main ingredients are oxygen and aluminum. A light mixture of iron and chrome gives ruby its red color. The most exquisite ruby is delicately rose-coloured, much like a cuckoo’s eye. The molecular structure and crystal axis of ruby are linear. The ruby’s light is scattered horizontally when it is refracted.
Qualities of a good Ruby Gemstone
A good Ruby is smooth, transparent, has lustre and brilliance. It is heavyweight, hard and has a high density. The color is usually transparent carmine red with a bluish tint, similar to pigeon’s blood. It may have a silky or milky inclusion and has a regular shape.
Flaws of a Ruby Gemstone
It is ideal to go to a jeweller you trust, to get a high-quality Ruby. For most of us who do not know who to identify a good Ruby, the following will be helpful
It is not appropriate to wear –
- A Ruby stone that is dull gives problems with brothers
- One that is brittle and has spots (black ones) on them gives problems in progeny, especially sons
- A flimsy stone can attract lightning
- Any stone that has cracks or feathers, is sure to give bad luck
- All the above and those which have bubbles inside and is dirty is ineffective
- A cavity, hole inside the stone, or one with 2 colors, that which is not homogeneous, bring diseases, obstacles, restlessness and problems with the authority or father figures.
- One with blue, honey color, milky color, smoky brings weakness, divine obstacles, and destroys animals and pets (Pashudhan)
- One with irregular lines inside, or with black or blue tints and irregular shapes are not advisable as it triggers domestic quarrels, loss of reputation, wealth and even death.
Identification of real Ruby stones for benefits
Here are how you can identify a true Ruby stone …….
- When pearls are put together with real rubies in a silver plate and then brought to sunlight, the silver plate will turn blackish and the pearls will take on a red hue. The ruby will shine as the Sun.
- A ruby put in cow’s dairy in a glass container will make it appear rosy, while normally, the milk is yellowish.
- A real ruby will emit a red light from inside a glass jar. A genuine ruby is more heavy and dense than an imitation or similar stone.
- A crack in real ruby won’t shine and will be zigzag-like, while in imitation ruby, it is bright, straight and easily visible. The layers of real rubies are straight and linear, while imitations are circular.
- A natural ruby’s colour isn’t uniform; an imitation is more homogeneous. A ruby can appear darker from one side and lighter from the other. Under an ultraviolet lamp, imitation ruby turns orange. An imitation ruby shines as long as the light source lights it. A true ruby will continue shining even after putting it under an x-ray.
- Because of its compact molecular structure, a real ruby will stay cooler than an imitation when put on the eyes. A piece of glass, or an imitation gem, can quickly heat up, which is why synthetic rubies are so popular.
- A natural test – Place a ruby on an open lotus bud and it will soon blossom.
Vedicology recommends astrological gems only through the “Anukul Graha” concept. “Anukul Graha method explains that Gem selection should be made only after a careful analysis of the lordship of houses and strength of the planets in the native’s horoscope.
We conduct a benefit analysis of your planets through the shadbala system. Gemstone suggestion for the most beneficial planet is provided. This is called the Anukul Graha concept.
Vedicology provides Vedic Astrology, Numerology, Vastu Shastra and Gemology consultations. We offer our services to clients across the world. Vedicology Senior Consultants are scholars in Sanatana dharma scriptures dating back to the Vedic era.
Mobile: +91-95000-99996. E-Mail: email@example.com