Whether you are buying a new flat or already possess a flat, your flat must be Vastu-compliant. Vastu for apartments has picked up momentum over the last decade as more and more people have started believing in the principles of Vastu shastra. Buyers are keen on considering Vastu for a flat before finalizing the deal.
Importance of Vastu for flat:
Vastu guidelines help design the flats based on the directions to attract positive energy, health, wealth, peace & prosperity. Whether it is constructing a residential building or a commercial building Vastu for apartments must be considered. Here are a few critical apartment Vastu checks:
Correct Entrance as per Vastu For Flat
While evaluating the flat or design planning layout, a good entrance is a must. As per Vedicology Vastu Consultants, one can consider 32 possible locations for a building entrance. These 32 locations are unique in their way, and each area holds a different significance. It is best to design your home entrance towards the north or the north-east direction as you’ll have sunshine throughout the day. The sun’s rays change throughout the day, and it’s better to avoid the afternoon’s infrared rays. Hence avoid an entrance towards the south direction and west direction. However, if your flat or apartment isn’t Vastu-compliant, you can still apply specific Vastu remedies and protect yourself from the Vastu-dosha.
Right Bedroom Position as per Vastu for apartments
Every room has a positive and negative effect. If you’re longing for a sound and peaceful sleep, always prefer a Vastu-compliant bedroom. A well-designed bedroom helps you unwind and relax. Your bedroom ideally must be in the south-west corner. Also, ensure your bedroom is in rectangular or square shape. You can avoid an irregular bedroom.
Correct Vastu for living room
Opt for the north direction for your living room. An ideal direction for setting up your air-conditioners is the west corner. Have a dining table in your living area? We recommend having even-numbered chairs. Also, place the furniture in the south and west corners of the room.
Set the kitchen in the south-east direction. Ensure it is away from the main entrance. A kitchen is a place where our nutrition is being taken care of. Thus, it would be best if you give utmost importance to the food prepared in the kitchen. A good diet is the source of good health. Cooking the food in the east direction is said to add positivity to life. Place the kitchen appliances such as microwaves, grinders, toasters, and mixers in the south-east corner.
Position of Washrooms as per Vastu for flat
Vastu experts at Vedicology recommend bathroom construction in the north-west direction. Your bathroom must be well ventilated, ensuring there’s a way for ample natural light. Your toilets must be neat and clean. If you are considering the guidelines of Vastu for a flat, bathroom fittings and sanitary must be working fine. Replace or change broken things. Avoid having toilets near the kitchen or pooja room.
It’s just not your bedroom, but your kid’s bedroom must also be Vastu compliant. Choose a north-east or north-west direction for your kid’s bedroom. Let the windows be on the northern wall as it allows natural light to enter.
Excellent Tips – Vastu for apartments:
- A house without paintings looks incomplete. If you’re an art lover and are keen on hanging paintings in your flat, always opt for pictures that depict love & peace. Say no to portrayals of sorrow and violence.
- Love plants? Is gardening your hobby? Well, you can always go for bamboo and money plants as they are said to bring prosperity to your life. Avoid growing cactus and other thorny bushes.
- The north-east direction of the apartment is considered auspicious. Unblock this direction to attract peace & prosperity.
- The hinges on the door should not make noise. Ensure it’s working smoothly.
- The main entrance door must be larger than any other entry of the house.
- The door’s height must be at least twice the width of the door.
- Do not have doors that close automatically.
- Have a nameplate that’s attractive as it is said to bring good health, wealth & prosperity.
- You can also hang a toran on the main gate as it’s considered auspicious and brings good luck.
- Hang a string of mango, Ashok, or peepal leaves at the main entrance to eliminate negative energies.
- Always keep the entrance clean and clutter-free.