There’s a popular saying which goes like, “A house doesn’t feel like a house without a kitchen” Don’t you agree to this? Well, there’s no doubt that a kitchen is an important place in the house and hence one should follow the footsteps of Vastu of kitchen in one’s life.
Why Is It So Important?
Kitchen is the place where one cooks food and prepares meals for the entire day. Believe it or not, Vastu directly or indirectly relates to people’s nutrition, health, and overall fitness. According to the books, it is also the place where one consumes a lot of energy. Therefore, Vastu for kitchen plays as a primary contributing factor in general health.
Keeping in mind all these factors through in-depth analysis is the need of the hour. This will ensure you choose the perfect place for your kitchen. The art of kitchen Vastu is definitely an age-old practice and has a lot of science behind it. A Vastu consultant from Vedicology would turn out as a perfect match here. Now let us dive right into the nitty-gritty of Vastu for kitchen.
Vastu of Kitchen Essential Tips
Embarking on your journey into creating the most functional and aesthetic kitchen isn’t a cakewalk. You need to map out Vastu for kitchen smartly as well. Some of the most essential tips that must consider are:
Kitchen Door And Kitchen Placement
- One must place the kitchen door strategically in the North, West, or the East direction.
- As per Vastu for kitchen, it is indeed ideal to make or fit the kitchen in the South-East corner of your respective house.
- The South-East direction refers to the term (agneya) which is holistically related to fire.
- Therefore, one must place the kitchen on its corresponding place i.e. South-east around the element “fire”.
- It is better to avoid having the kitchen in the South-West direction as it may lead to tons of disturbance in the house.
Gas Stove And Tips For The Cook
- Try to keep the gas stove in the South-East direction since it is also called Agneya Disha (i.e. fire) as per Vastu for kitchen.
- And the person who is doing the overall cooking food should ideally face in the East direction only.
- As per Vastu for the kitchen, while cooking food or preparing for any meal, the cook should not have his or her back towards the kitchen door.
- The smartest choice while storing goods such as grains, pulses spices, is that you should ideally choose the South-West direction of the kitchen.
- Make sure to never keep the gas stove below any sort of beam. Always make it a point to notice that the gas stove is clean and tidy.
- One should never have overhead storage above the gas stove. Nor should the gas stove remain visible from anywhere.
- If that is not possible then as per Vastu of kitchen, the next option is for the kitchen is the North-West corner.
- The only drawback of using this North-West alternative is that it may result in a major blow to one’s pocket as per Vastu of kitchen.
Windows, Exhaust Fans And Other Storage
- Place the large windows in the kitchen on the Eastern side.
- Whereas place the small ventilators in the Southern direction.
- Similarly, as per Vastu for kitchen install the Exhaust fan on the Eastern wall in the southeast corner.
- However, if it is not feasible then you can explore other options with the help of Vedicology or Vastu Consultants.
Water Elements as per Vastu of Kitchen
- Place the water elements on the left side of the stove as per Vastu for kitchen.
- The reason for doing so is that fire and water are conflicting elements and hence, they repel each other.
- Always ensure the slope of the water flow from Southwest towards Northeast.
- Place the sinks and taps in the kitchen in the North-East direction only. And one must try to keep it as far as possible from the gas stove
Electrical Appliances And Other Gadgets
- Remember to place the electrical appliances such as microwaves, grinders, etc in the South-East corner only.
- Try not to compromise here as it may cause you to harm in the future as per Vastu of a kitchen.
- If you have a dishwasher, then the ideal place is in the North-West of the kitchen.
- The cylinder as well as the geyser should be placed in the Southeast corner.
- And the placement of the refrigerator can take place in the North-West, South-East, or the South-West. However, take efforts to not place it on the North-East side.
Colour Schematics And Flooring as per Vastu of Kitchen
- Use an abundance of the colour green in the kitchen. As per Vastu for kitchen, this will improve the appetite of the family members and create an overall harmony.
- The point regarding the colour is not a compulsion to follow and you can go with the colour of your choice.
- Always paint the kitchen either with yellow, rose red, orange, or chocolate brown.
- Minimal to zero use of blue or black is highly appreciated.
- For the flooring aspect, ceramic tiles, mosaic, marble are always the perfect choice for the flooring as per Vastu for kitchen as well.
- The kitchen should have plenty of light and brightness. Avoid artificial lighting to avoid darkness and also have a proper ventilation system.
- Don’t keep the idols of god or goddesses in the kitchen. As per Vastu for kitchen, it is certainly not in the best interests of people.
- If clocks are present in your respective kitchen, place them towards the South or South-West wall.
- Also, if the Dining table is already in the kitchen, then as per Vastu for kitchen you should ideally keep it in the North-West corner.
- Last but not the least, the kitchen should be clean and kept hygienic at all intervals. Wash the used utensils before sleeping at night.
The above-mentioned tips can come very handy when ensuring your Vastu of kitchen is on point and sparkless.
Common Things To Avoid As Per Vastu of Kitchen:
- Never keep the kitchen below or above a bathroom or a toilet. And they should never share a common wall. Both these instances can have an adverse effect in future.
- In the books of Vastu for kitchen, the kitchen must never face the main entrance of the house.
- One should never keep the kitchen in the North or North-East since this can negatively affect a person’s career.
- One should never use the mid-north, northeast, mid-west, mid-south, southwest, and the centre of a house.
- The temple room must never be above the stove or even the kitchen sink as it brings bad luck.
To conclude, we have to take care of details while studying about the Vastu for kitchen. The Vastu for kitchen research comprises of the following factors:
- The ideal location of the kitchen in the house
- The ideal direction of the Entrance, wi does and of the cooking gas.
- The direction and the ideal placement of the sink
- The direction or the right place to keep the refrigerator and other electric equipment.
- The right placement of other storage items.
- The colour scheme of the Vastu for kitchen.
Remedy/ Solution for a Common Vastu Dosha:
The best remedy for the long term is to take a thorough consultation. Avail personalized recommendations from a Vastu consultant from Vedicology.
Believe it or not, a vastu of kitchen professional would surely identify the loopholes here. They will genuinely make your life happier and better with their profound knowledge.