Unravel the Intricacies of Maya: A Year-Long Online Course on the Concept of Maya or Moha or Avidya
Welcome to our in-depth, comprehensive “Online Course on the Concept of Maya or Moha or Avidya”. This isn’t just another course – it’s a transformative journey designed to immerse you into the profound depths of philosophical wisdom. Experience a true unravelling of the mystery of Maya, Moha, and Avidya, the intricate concepts of illusion and ignorance in Hindu and Kashmiri Shaivism philosophy.
Why This Course?
Our “Maya, Moha, Avidya: An Extensive Online Course” offers a unique opportunity to delve into ancient wisdom, illuminating the mind and inspiring the soul. Designed with a blend of scholarly teachings and practical exercises, this program goes far beyond academic knowledge.
Transform Your Understanding
From the vision of Vedanta to the unique perspective of Kashmiri Shaivism, your understanding of Maya will transform and expand. As you delve into the essence of Moha, the play of Shiva and Shakti, and the profound reality of Avidya, you’ll witness a shift in your perception of the world.
- Introduction to Maya and Moha (4 weeks)
- Definition and interpretations of Maya and Moha
- Understanding Maya as illusion and ignorance
- Introducing Moha in Kashmiri Shaivism and its differences from Maya
Maya in Advaita Vedanta and Other Hindu Philosophies (8 weeks)
- Understanding Maya in Advaita Vedanta
- Concept of Maya in Dvaita and Vishishtadvaita philosophies
- The role of Maya in other Hindu philosophies
Moha in Kashmiri Shaivism (Trika Philosophy) (12 weeks)
- Introduction to Kashmiri Shaivism and its unique perspective on Moha
- Understanding the 36 Tattvas and the role of Moha
- Moha, Shiva, and Shakti: The triadic relationship
- Moha, Prakriti, and Purusha in Kashmiri Shaivism
- Understanding Aham and Idam in relation to Moha
- Exploring the concept of Jiva and the influence of Moha
The Interplay of Moha, Shiva, and Individual Consciousness (8 weeks)
- Understanding the triadic relationship between Moha, Shiva, and individual consciousness in Kashmiri Shaivism
- Moha as the veil over Shiva
- The role of individual consciousness in piercing the veil of Moha
Moha and the Material World (8 weeks)
- Understanding the relationship between Moha and the physical universe in Kashmiri Shaivism
- How Moha shapes our perception of reality
- The role of Moha in creation, preservation, and destruction
Moha, Karma, and Dharma (12 weeks)
- The relationship between Moha and Karma in Kashmiri Shaivism
- How Moha influences our understanding of Dharma
- The role of Moha in the cycle of birth and death
Moha and the Mind (8 weeks)
- Understanding the relationship between Moha and the human mind in Kashmiri Shaivism
- Moha, desire, and attachment
- The role of Moha in human suffering and liberation
Maya in Buddhism and Jainism (8 weeks)
- Understanding the concept of Maya or similar concepts in Buddhist philosophy
- Maya in Jain philosophy
Transcending Moha: Paths and Practices in Kashmiri Shaivism (12 weeks)
- Understanding and practicing the Four Upayas (means) to transcend Moha
- Recognizing and embracing the divine play (Lila) of Shiva
- Techniques to reduce the influence of Moha
Application of the Concept of Moha in Daily Life (16 weeks)
- Practical techniques to recognize the influence of Moha in daily life
- Integrating the teachings of Kashmiri Shaivism into daily life for personal and spiritual growth
Final Assessment and Certification (4 weeks)
This curriculum allows for a deep exploration of the concept of Moha (Maya) specifically from the perspective of Kashmiri Shaivism. It not only covers intellectual understanding but also practical applications of the teachings to support personal growth and self-realization.
This course is not for the casual learner. We require our students to have:
- Fundamental knowledge of various aspects of Hinduism Philosophy, particularly Kashmiri Shaivism or Trika philosophy.
- Previous experience in studying philosophical or spiritual texts related to Trika
- A commitment to spending several hours per week studying, reflecting upon, and practising the teachings.
- An open mind and heart, ready for deep introspection and transformation.
Embark on this spiritual quest to decode the mysteries of illusion and ignorance with our “Online Course on Maya, Moha, or Avidya.” If you’re ready to take the plunge, journey into the depths of philosophical insight, and truly understand the intricate dance of illusion and reality, then join us today. The path to wisdom awaits you.
Please submit your details through the form below and we shall assist you.